Sunday, August 20, 2017

Sunday Daydreams

Hello! I just got back from a little vacation visiting my parents (which was incredibly relaxing and went extremely well--another post for another time). And today I am being intentionally lazy. I'm starting to get a little bored, but it's my last day of nothingness. :) Starting tomorrow, I have errands to run and things to do all week before school takes over my life again.

So I am sitting here daydreaming.

It was weird to come home earlier this week.
I missed my dog and my husband (not necessarily in that order hahaha), but... Not much else. ;)

I love where I live so I don't ever plan on complaining about it, but I've been here almost 25 years and I. Am. Done. Completely ready to move on. Well, almost... Gotta finish up school first.

I came home and felt so... Renewed. :)
I felt like a new version of me.

This time last year I was stressed from moving (still, even though it had already been 6 months) and extremely anxious about going back to school. This year I know what to expect. And I am chomping at the bit for what's going to come after. I. Am. Ready.

:)))

So I spent this morning looking up different things to do in the city to where I am moving. There is so much more for me there. There are actually meet up groups for women without children. There are craft groups. There's stuff to do in nature. There's a specific niche sport that I love that I will be able to go watch there.

I'm gonna repeat myself: there is so much more for me there than there is here. Where I am now has great schools, lots of churches, plenty of after school activities, lots of football and baseball fields for kids... You catch my drift? It's not my place. It's not where I need to be, not for this lifetime. Where I am going has fun stuff to do for adults! Stuff I can do, not just watch from the sidelines as seemingly every other adult enjoys activities with their children.

I am getting so excited and, after so many years of infertility, I had almost forgotten what excitement felt like. I know moving will be hard. It will take me a long time to learn my way around and to meet people and make friends. But I don't care! I am excited!!

So I will keep on daydreaming... 🔮 😎

4 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you! It's hard to wait, but oh my gosh, that new place sounds amazing. And a group for women without children? AWESOME. I wish we had something like that here. The future is an exciting place, enjoy the daydreaming! (And I'm glad you had a wonderful trip and came back feeling rejuvenated.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jess! :) What can I say-- all of us around these parts are experts by now at waiting. I've waited 5 years to start a new life. What's 9 more months? I'll keep daydreaming to pass the time... ;)

      Delete
  2. oh yay that's great! So glad to heat there are lots of groups for meetups without kids. You could join a book club too, those are fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds great. I'm so glad you're excited! The time will pass in the blink of an eye.

    ReplyDelete